NVE signs cooperation agreement with counterpart institutions in Georgia
On Tuesday 23rd January NVE signed Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) and Cooperation Agreements with counterpart institutions in Georgia for a new round of institutional Cooperation.
The overall objective of the new programme is to improve the utilization of Georgia's renewable energy resources for economic development of the country. The Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs is providing 30,8 MNOK for the programme to be implemented in the coming years. The new programme will build upon and further develop activities from the previous cooperation program; while there will be some completely new activities.
The following institutions will be involved of the Georgian side:
- the Ministry of Economy and Sustainable Development (MOESD)
- Ministry of Environmental Protection and Agriculture (MOEPA)
- Georgian State Electrosystem (GSE)
- Georgian Technical University (GTU)
- National Environmental Agency (NEA)
In addition to NVE, the International Centre for Hydropower (ICH) and the Norwegian Technical University in Trondheim (NTNU) will be involved from the Norwegian side.